- Of course, 2 months of mail was waiting for me and I had to get all the New Way Missions accounting caught up.
- The last week of March, I met Lauren Ferguson (more about Lauren later) in AL at New Hope Revival Church for Sunday service, then I stayed for Passover and special meeting the following weekend. My wonderful friend, Elfrieda, invited me to stay with her for the week.
- In June, I went to VA. During this time I took my oldest sister to her grandson’s wedding, attended my 50th H.S. class reunion, visited a dear friend, Barbara, who has been with me to Mexico, celebrated my grandson, Thomas’ college graduation and Ryan’s high school graduation, and visited with my family. I was able to attend one service at Faith Landmarks Ministries where I use to attend when living in Richmond. A friend of mine from hight school returned with me to FL and stayed for 1 1/2 weeks. What a joy it was to have that time with her.
- July brought a change with New Way Missions. For the first time, we have a volunteer on the mission field as a long-term missionary.
Lauren Ferguson returned to the D.R. is now living and ministering in the Sosua, Dominican Republic area. The Lord has given her a ministry called “Talita Cum ” . She will be ministering to young girls. She started in one village and it soon became 3 villages and 5 classes. She has also been teaching 2 ESL (English as a 2nd. language) classes and working along side of Mike Williams “Cups of Cold Water”. We are excited about what the Lord is and will do through this ministry.
- In August, I attended a conference at Abba’s House in Chattanoga. It was a great time of refreshing for me. Made some new friends and learned that the congregation there also minister in the Dominican Republic.
- In September, I participated in the Worship Expo 2013 at my church. Also joined our choir and began practicing for our presentation of Experience Christmas 2013. Also, I had the privilege to once again host Drs. Francisco and Diane Sabado, who are missionaries in the Dominican Republic. This time they had 2 of their sons, Isaac & Luke with them. It is alway a joy to have them here.
This picture is a few years old, so the boys are a little older now. (I think 14 & 12.)
- In October, I had the privilege of hosting Ron & Debbie Stafford, who are missionaries in Columbia. They were part of our yearly Global Outreach Celebration here at Bell Shoals Baptist Church.
They are a wonderful couple and we bonded right away. Ron told me Columbia is calling me. We will have to see if the Lord calls us there in the future.
- The first week of December, my friend for many years now, Past Mary Materniak, came down for a week. She and I have ministered together in Mexico, Dominican Republic and Peru. It was a joy and privilege to have her here. I also made my Christmas journey to VA to be with my family.
In addition to the above activities, there were ongoing activities, such as keeping in touch with missionaries, keeping the NWM & my personal accounting going and all the regular stuff that we all have to do.
Through our partners we were able to help several ministries financially, ship some needed supplies to a couple of ministries and provide some food to those in needed help. Thank you all so much!!! May God reward you. Amen.
“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” I Thes. 5:18